Friday, July 22, 2011

Gimee 50

Another ride in the books. Yesterday's 70 miler saw a touch of everything, rain, wind, cloud-cover and even a dollop of blue at the finish. Nine hardy souls traversed the out and back from the BAC to Quilcene with only a thrown chain as mechanical. No blood, no bruises, no flats, no bonking.


I did get barked at on several occasions for trying to maintain momentum, but that is a scenario I am pretty well conditioned to. Comes with the territory I suppose. If ya wanna push you gotta expect some shove. Because here is what I am after, for myself and those that I train, ride and race with:


MORE

BETTER

FASTER

STRONGER

LONGER

CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT

VALUE


Further, if these result in a higher QOL, enhanced self esteem, optimal health and fitness, thankfulness and appreciation, intrepid pursuit of adventure and experience, I think we have accomplished something of which to be proud. I am proud of

you already, I simply want your best. And I want it often and always. And that includes now.

Here.


Those qualities are not found by making excuses, hiding, looking for shortcuts, or taking the easy way out (in any occasion or circumstance).


If your goals contain any (or all) of the above, we'll get along fine. I understand that old habits are hard to break. I completely realize that I am dealing with adults, professionals and very successful people. I do not mean to disparage, belittle, insult or annoy. If that is how I come across, my deepest apologies. I try to make it fun.


I want to make you better (see above list) and these are the methodologies I have found that work best for me. I have tried others. When it comes to training, I am afraid I will forever be the drill sergeant. It's not for everybody. Oddly, it is not everybody I am after, it is YOU.


For those rare individuals wondering where to find the next level, what it looks like, feels like and tastes like, this is that path. The compass is pointing up. Onward. Sometimes brusquely. But always with your deepest goals in mind, at heart, on demand.


Humbly submitted, with respect, with gratitude. In joy.


Now drop and gimme fifty.


Pix: The Nine (l2r): Claudia, Kiko, Harv, Sgt. Carter, 8trk, Stephanie, Susan, Pam, Mimi. Big thanks to Sara (Bug) for her impeccable SAG performance. Bravo. Bucolic Quilcene, WA as the turn point.

No comments: