Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Deal with Feel

Short one today because the sun is shining and I am making decent progress on the Phase 122 cabin construction. We brought it this morning to the HoM. There was speed, there was power, there was acumen and there was endurance. We dealt with what we felt. And we felt good. Dynomite workout my friends, way to go.


Since there were several post-session questions about the tunage, here is the set list:


For those of you at home, simply dowload the set, assemble any way you like, and try this using whatever indoor trainer you might have access to:



Warm up and adjust your attitude. Give up and give in and get going.

Three ten second cadence sprints at low resistance, Just enough for some tension.

Seatled climbs at 65% of max.

Three fifteen second surges followed by three fifteen second full-on power blast sprints. Recover for one minute.

Stand. Repeat protocol from seated drills,

Pick one song (I highly recommend either One of These Days, When I still needed You or Roundabout and find your sweet spot TT zone grove. Hold it for the entire tune. We call them Tune Trials. Make it hurt a little (as in the truth hurts.)

Recover.

One final combination of all of the above. Become one with everything. Your bike, your heart, your legs, your core, your thoughts, your goals, your dreams, your aspirations, your fear and your love.


This is what we mean by Dealing with the Feeling.


Great 90 today gang. Gotta get to work. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Willow said...

Awesome class today...thank you! They better be paying you good, your a great teacher :)

KML5 said...

The pay is relative. I like what I do. So tell me, please, 'cause I felt it too, what made today so special????? Alignment of planets, atmosphere, tunes, spinning indoors when the sun was shinin' out????? I have been thinking about it all day. If you want to join us at 0730 we are running one lap, riding at race pace to Port Blakeley and back and then doing two more laps. We call them bricks (Bike>Run=Ick) You could see how many laps you can log when we're in the saddle, might be fun.

Willow said...

I have no idea! Sometimes we all have days where everything just flows! Today was one of those :). It's unexplainable really :). I'd love to meet up, but I committed to running with a small group, meeting at Bainbridge Bakers at 7 a.m.! I think we are shooting for 12-13 very hilly miles.

I really enjoy running w/ you. You totally challenge me. Thanks for the offer! Have fun tomorrow!