Monday, November 23, 2009

Only Once








My cheap, but new Aisics showed up Friday, so I took them for a test spin in the park. This between squalls. I am kinda lucky in that I can gauge the soggy gray skies and take off on a moments notice for a quick (relatively) afternoon 5K. The late autumnal light was stunningly showing off tree colors as shown here. I went back to the cabin to grab my camera and found some surprises under the pine trees on the return trip.

Got me to thinkin'. There are a lot of things I don't fully understand. And while this doesn't bother me most of the time, on my slow, peaceful, relaxing walk home, I wondered:

Why in the midst of all this magical splendor would God create poison mushrooms? What purpose do they serve? Did cows at one point use them to aid digestion? And I remembered an old saying, "All mushrooms are edible, some only once, however."

I am still scratchin' my noggin.

Going for another run as the battleship gray has turned to silver.

And welcome to RCVman post number 600. We have traveled far.

3 comments:

ej said...

I'll say; but your doing great in my book. I see some youths and wonder whether they can survive and others of near the same age who are so darn accomplished and wise you have to wonder about the possibility of past lives. That saying...one person's poison is another...something like that. What about so-called 'magic mushrooms'; why would God create those?

ej said...

PS - Cool photos. I've been biking more in the Grand Forest near dusk the last few days. Interesting light in there and people and their dogs are always moving through. Pretty interesting.

KML5 said...

I have always thought the difference to be one of enlightenment versus (painful and slow) death. But I might be wrong. Maybe painful and slow death IS enlightenment.

I wonder as well sometimes if it's really dogs and their people. But I do love the light in the forest this time of the year.

Salute!