Thursday, November 5, 2009

Now and I know not Why






People get sick.

Children die.

Wars rage.

Crazy people fly jets into buildings.

Philosophers try to make sense of it all.

Religions attempt to comfort.

Poets lament.

Lovers leave.

Nothing lasts.

Not even forever.

This, too, shall pass.

Then:

Life cuts itself short, as in life is short. As in nothing lasts. That is our nature. Life is suffering is the first noble truth. The second is that once we accept this, it gets a whole heck of a lot easier. Why this is, I haven't a clue.

But I am not going to waste the precious and limited time (short by any standard) we have here together by trying to figure this out. I am ignorantly blissful in my agnostic dedication and focus on the now. If I can do this with sufficient passion, consistency and pureness, everything else will take care of itself. This I believe. I will make my choices of free will with as much wisdom and love as I can manage, recognizing the mind-numbing, soul challenging hypocrisy simultaneously running rampant and raging globally out-of-control. Truly required to stay sane (and get by) in this modern world.

I know why local organic food is expensive. I know why gas is $2.85/gal. I know why our Health Care system is corrupt. I know why we are in Afghanistan. I know why my roof leaks. And they all irritate me no end.

I don't know why kids die, healthy people get cancer, and nothing lasts.

I irritates me no end that I don't know. But I have faith that I don't need to.

Not now anyway.

Bronzed kids play in St. George, UT.
Her Royal Majesty in back of the frosh pond on UW campus.
One red pepper roasts. Why not ten?

2 comments:

ej said...

Nice fire you got going there.

KML5 said...

Thanks,it was Junior's idea!