Saturday, November 14, 2009

Leo & Junior



I was up in the tree house this afternoon converting some vintage analog video to digital when I spied a book on the shelf that had all but forgotten. As the video was evolving from standard to high definition, I thumbed thru the chapters and found several relevant quotes and passages. The book is "How to Think Like Leonardo DaVinci" by Michael J. Gelb. Here is one passage that I think appropriate as we have been working on our personal power profiles since Kona.

TEN POWER QUESTIONS:

The following questions are drawn from different people's "top ten". These questions are powerful catalysts to personal growth and fulfillment. Copy them in your notebook for contemplation.

* When am I most naturally myself? What people, places or activities allow me to feel most fully myself?
* What is one thing I would stop doing, or start doing or so differently, starting today that would most improve the quality of my life?
* What is my greatest talent?
* How can I get paid for doing what I love?
* Who are my most inspiring role models?
* How can I best be of service to others?
* What is my hearts deepest desire?
* How am I perceived by: my closest friend, my worst enemy, my boss, my children, my co-workers, etc.?
* What are the blessings in my life?
* What legacy would I like too leave?

Video done. Time to edit and burn. Today is Junior's birthday and we will watch the video shot on this day (in standard definition) from seven years ago.

This is a blessing in my life.

3 comments:

ej said...

Nice photo of Junior. I never saw him that still long enough to take such a picture.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Junior!! Excellent questions to seriously find answers to.

KML5 said...

He has an eye for the camera. We went for a ride in the park (after your off-road marathon) and it was so cold our knuckles were pink and white. We laughed loudly.

I think they are great questions too. Nice new pic, btw.