Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mad Men


Tonight is the CompuTrainer presentation at Poulsbo Running. I have everything packed and ready (I trust) and sit hoping that the skies remain blue long enough for me to get in a quick 5K before the stage lights come on. I am very much looking forward to the evening, as there aren't too many subjects I prefer to talk about more, demonstrate, show videos of, answer questions on behalf of or share tales of the road about, than my long and sometimes dramatic relationship with the company known as RacerMate.

I find it most empowering to be my own brand. Somewhat like last night as I sat mesmerized by a scene in Mad Men (Season II, Disc 1) when Don Draper had to tell the CEO from Mohawk Air that Sterling Coo was dropping them (because that back-stabbing megalomaniac SOB Duck, and his toady Pete were pitching American), and the client said, "You told me way back when that more than Sterling Cooper, I was getting Don Draper". So it's kinda like when you buy a CompuTrainer, you get RCVman (minus the booze, smokes and baggage of course).

In a very real way, I can honestly say that I love what I do, and do what I love.

But I don't sleep on a bed made of money.

And that doesn't matter.

For now.

Here are this weeks roundup of CompuTrainer Multi-Rider Centers as Googled. Check 'em out, from:

Fredrick, MD
Reno, NV
Toronto, ON, CAN
San Diego, CA
Potomac Falls, VA
Jacksonville, FL


And lastly is a YouTube link to a off-road bike race (Bierkebeiner ?) in Norway that attracts 17,000 riders. We got a call from the RD yesterday about filming a RCV for them. Ya sure, you betcha we got the RCVman ready to go.

1 comment:

Eric Brian Johnson said...

Geezz, that looks like a lot of fun. The American Bierke is a ski race from Cable to Hayward Wisconsin. My friend(s) races in it every year. I wonder whether you could adapt computrainer to x-country skiing: http://www.birkie.com/