Monday, November 9, 2009

Ducks and Horses


Another busy Monday. Novembers are real good for aligning the ducks so that they waddle in a nice row come April and May. It's kinda like base training or ramping up your power profile. Sure is a good use of time when it's miserable outside and your A race is now, suddenly, a mere seven months away.

Here are a couple of cool Monday links. First one is just about anything you could ever want in a cycling site and the second is yet another hilarious look at ourselves compliments of The Onion.

Per the Spinning work-out topic du jour this morning, I will have additional comments on kicking your butts tomorrow. Guaranteed.

6 comments:

ej said...

I think I might start training for this: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/11/losangeles-marathon.html

I need a loftier goal at the moment and over the next several months, as well as revenge against the humped-back old lady with a short leg who passed me at mile 24 the last time I ran it. You should sign up too.

FW said...

Lofty goal? How about taking on L'Etape Du Tour in 2010? Just a bunch of amateurs (about 9500) riding a mountain stage of the Tour de France four days before the professionals race the same course. Three summits on the route: Col de Marie Blanque (3396'), Col du Soulor (4836') and summit finish at Col du Tourmalet (6939').

ej said...

I might if I could speak French and was any good on a bike. OK, I'll do it anyway. Are you going?

FW said...

I don't speak French either but that won't stop me from playing in the Pyrenees in July.

KML5 said...

Both, very tempting. Once we get out of the current RCV planning phase I will be able to get down to the business of next seasons race schedule. I am leaning towards Wildflower Long Course, Pacific Crest and Boise 70.3 for my Tri jones. Could fit in a mary. And we are still working on France, so might end up seeing you Joes at an event of two.

One thing is for certain: The training starts NOW.

ej said...

I've got a schedule already. I have a question. If so many people ready this blog how come only Tony, myself, the author, and occasionally Lynn and Frozen comment? This blog needs more regular commentators to liven up or at least broaden the conversation