Friday, November 13, 2009

Faster, Better, Stronger




As many of your already know (because I talk about incessantly), I have the distinct pleasure and opportunity to interview Dr. Massimo (Max) Testa next week in LA as part our opening of a new CompuTrainer Multi-Rider facility.

I ordered a copy of Dr. Eric Heiden's book, "Faster, Better, Stronger" co-authored with Max, and have been scanning passages during coffee breaks, video render breaks and my own version of fast-food dinners. I am also heavy into the paint phase of the studio remodel, so I have had a few "paint-dry ops' to read as well.

This is a great read and a exercise manual of monumental proportions. Maybe even more than the information flow, a constant, is the tone of the work, as it is glaringly obvious that these two experts in their respective fields, LOVE WHAT THEY DO.

And that, dear readers, comes shinin' through like the summer sun on a shimmerin' sea. Here are a couple of quick excerpts, and the link to the site.

Eric-
"I used to think about the cellular adaptations while training--how my mitochondria were adapting, what fuel stores I was using, how the actin and myosin were making my muscles contract. This made me feel empowered and part of the process."

Max-
"A big factor that leads to the symptoms of overtraining is monotony. I'm Italian and I couldn't eat Lasagna everyday."

You will enjoy this ride. Subtitle is "10 Proven Secrets to a Healthier Body in 12 Weeks"

Hey now.

2 comments:

FW said...

Kitsap Regional Library has a copy of this book. You can check it out after me. ;-)

KML5 said...

Found a used hardbound at Amazon.com for ten bucks. Steal.