Saturday, April 16, 2011

SOC5

Saturday afternoon in the media center. The Grand Fondo ran a little long as I had to re-shoot a killer KOM section due to the unfortunate death of what appeared to be an adult female mosquito, dead solid center of my lens. Somewhere near the rest stop pictured above. My condolences.
So I missed lunch, had to settle for two Mojo Trail Mix bars and water. The event GF was terrific, a 94 mile loop through the Carmel Valley (center photo) under magnificent blue skies. I might even bring a slight sunburn home with me tomorrow night. Shot a little of the mountain bike event on return (below photo) and now must run up to the Best Buy in Salinas for more HD ammo. If I hustle I can get back in time to nap pool side before dinner.
One more day. Tomorrow morning is the final circuit race on the raceway. I will have time to shoot for a couple of hours before starting the trek Northward to complete the down and back four day event. It has been fun. Great video and stills, some new contacts, a potential partner or two, a couple of days off to recover, and a huge dose of vitamin D.

The females are the ones that suck blood, right?

Keep Movin'

No comments: