Friday, April 15, 2011

SOC4

Friday and I am quite sure everyone is dying to get out and ride somewhere. After following all these talented athletes for two days, I know I need a lap or two. Off-road, a crit, circuit, road, fixed, TT. WHATEVER.Lucked out on the road race this afternoon. All the motos were assigned to officials and I was a deep breath away from heading back to the expo village for some interviews, when the media van pulled up empty. A rarity. I asked the driver what we could do if no other members of the media needed assistance and she replied without hesitation, 'whatever you want.'
Hence she became RCVwoman for the afternoon. We caught the ladies Pro/1/2 and Greg, my main official moto guy cleared the road of team rigs, support and wheel cars and faster than you could utter 'what happened to Ft. Ord', we were ten meters behind the lead pack. And we stayed there until I ran out of tape an hour later. Sometimes it pays to be on the side of the law. (I have been told). Altogether it was,

Sweet stuff in a spectacular setting on a perfect day.

You'll have to wait for the video, but here are a few stills from the RR to keep you entertained before you wash your bike and get out there.

Keep Movin'.

2 comments:

ej said...

i like your videos but those biker leotards $#%^&. i recommend short takes of the bikers and more candid interviews of the spectators.

KML5 said...

Like I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out?