Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cowboy Heros

We tried this once before and it was kinda fun. Theme from today HoM spin session was "My Hero's have always been Cowboys". You can guess what happened from there. We went country. YeHaw. Sixty minutes of high intensity country mind you, not your grandaddy's Hank, Johnny or Porter Waggoner. It was fun and I feel like I've been dragged through the dusty streets of Laredo by a heard a Longhorns.

Following is one line from the twenty tunes of the set. Attached is a mashup of a line, usually the same. Use the two to name those country songs. I seriously doubt that anybody will get them all, including our reigning champion LE. There is some fairly obscure stuff here.

Winner gets rice, beans and beer at Casa Rojas. Giddyup pardners.

It keeps us warm in the cold wind, cool in the hot sun,
I was talking to the Preacher, said God was on my side,
Soon it will be time to go I don't wanna leave I guess you know,
I just heard a voice whisper in my ear,
Fire on the mountain run boys run, the devil's in the house of the rising sun,
She ain't ashamed to be a woman or afraid to be a friend,
I'm givin' up on love, cause love's given up on me,
We never walked on the moon, Elvis ain't dead,
I say to hell with that pot of gold,
Something's always missing till you share it with someone else,
She can keep you loaded feeding you whiskey and wine,
Then somewhere near Salinas,
Funny how the truth sounds so cliche,
Money can't replace it no memory can erase it,
I'd have to be crazy to think someone could ever love a nobody like me,
Yes I got that old time feelin' burning deep inside my soul,
Better get back to the country, that's where we all come from,
You got that other man don't know what you need from me,
They got a lotta nice girls down there, ha.

Fade into sunset.

No comments: