Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Out of Canada





Photos: Even in Vegas, the time is right for CHANGE.
RCVs and ErgVideos on display at the Muskoka Expo.
The swim start at the Dearhurst Resort.
Out on the killer course with RCVman.
Another win for Team Crowie!!!

Monday, Sept 15

And I haven't even been on a plane yet. Since 0400 this Ontario morning, I have driven 180 miles along Hwys 11 and 400 towards the Toronto airport, found the car rental return, hauled the gear up and down escalators, walked the terminal looking for the departure gate, taken a shuttle bus, cleared customs, passed security, breezed through immigration and walked some more. I now sit in the holding area at Gate A-1D awaiting the connector flight to JFK, and then on to Seattle. They don't call them travel days for nothin. I am trying my absolute best to avoid alcohol as the work really begins once II hit the tarmac in Seattle, with no margins for error, as I have three days to finish the Kona DVD, and get it out Friday Morning on way to Park City for the Scohfield shoot. Nothing like run-on sentences, eh folks? I need to do a focused period of intense post production work. That's intense with a capitol I. And if the results are worthy, there might be a nice Guinness afterwards. If it's really good, maybe a few.

In order, then, to free up the time required for this effort, I would like to touch on a few topics here and get them out of the way and off of my chest.

OUT & OFF:

I have a blogging tendency to generalize. I need to dial that in and start to focus more on the specifics with a razor like sharpness instead of the general with a machete like dull hack.

I need to be able to take it as well as dish it out. Or change the objects to better match their subjects. Or quit shopping at Wal-Mart, driving my Exploder and badmouthing the Bushies without offering legitimate solutions or options.

One of my favorite books from years passed was The Right to Write by Julia Cameron. She was once married to Martin Scorsese and is a fabulous author. One of her techniques is an exercise called Morning Pages, where you write, diligently, three pages every day of flow of consciousness stuff. I would call it prose, but that isn't the point, it is just to write and get it out of your head and onto the paper. After a while a voice will emerge and that is what the effort is designed to invoke. It is sometimes hard, sometimes painful, sometimes frustrating but always of value. I did this for almost five years, filling three ring binders in the Tree House, In Diego Garcia, in Europe and everywhere else I might awake to find this sack of bones still animated and breathing. I bring this up because it came to me yesterday as we (Dar and I on his BMW in the rain) that the RCVman blog is nothing more than the latter day manifestation of the Morning Pages. I do it the same way, just adding pix and video and commentary. And like its predecessor, it is sometimes sad, sometimes banal, sometimes mundane but always flow of consciousness, and hence, prone to human error. I would like to think that maybe, just maybe, its a little more entertaining, creative, or useful too. The Jury is out I am suspecting.

Need to find an effective workout strategy for workouts on the road. This is killing me.

Need to fix my back. Whose got MY back?

It seems to me that Sarah Palin is one sneer away from being the bitch from hell.

The Canadian Press is hammering Mr. McCain. The best articles that I read while in Huntsville, were from the venerable Globe & Mail where columnists took daily turns tossing sharp objects his way. Several times I had to LOL while reading. I will try to find the specific pieces and link when back in the saddle.

Do you think that there is a trickle down effect happening in the US of A? The housing market implodes as a response to greed, the general economy tanks as Exxon-Mobile posts record profits, one in ten Americans is in jail, the "truth" is now whatever your boss says it is, battle lines have been drawn, the media tells you what their advertisers want you to see, hear and think, torture is OK and we should shoot first and ask questions later. All this has been very carefully designed, scheduled and executed by the current regime. They have lied, stolen, cheated, murdered, manipulated and maimed. They have sullied the reputation of our country by ignoring the Constitution, Bill of Rights and any other laws and regulations that don't serve their neo-con needs. And then they imprison anyone who does the same on a lower level playing field, e.g.. the very streets of America that they so solemnly avow to protect by fighting "them" "there". I see my Dad doing this stuff and pretty soon I think that it's OK, so I do it to. Like Father like Son and like POTUS like populous.

And here is the kicker: John McCain IN EVERY WAY BUT SERVICE TO HIS COUNTRY is the political embodiment of Bush II. So folks, if you condone the killing of innocent children in Iraq and Afghanistan, if you like seeing your neighbors load the U-Haul and walk away from a mortgage, if you think that the constitution that has served America well for over 200 years is not worth the parchment it is written on, if you are OK with the debt we area passing on to our grandchildren, If you don't mind dirty water and foul air, if your dead end job keeps you one pay check away from living on the street, if you keep the double-barrel over and under at the side of the Lazy Boy as you listen to Rush and shake your fat head at the liberals, the gays, the Spics, the Punks, the Bloods and Crips, the Mormons, and whomever your team is playing against Sunday, if you are so afraid of change that even change for the better is unthinkable, then vote for McCain. CAUSE WHAT YOU WILL GET IS NO CHANGE. MORE OF THE SAME. The same shit that we have seen for the last eight years. Death, violence, corruption, hypocrisy, gross manipulation for personal gain, exploitation of the planets resources for profit, the eradication of the middle class, more entitlements, kids on the street, vets in the streets, riots in the streets BUT NO DANCIN IN THE STREETS!!! I suppose on the bright side, you could argue that Palin is a lot lesser an evil than Dick Cheney. And to think that with seven weeks to go the polls are calling it even. There must be a lot of people on the pay role.

The ROW (rest of world) favors Obama by a 4-1 margin.

This is as important to me as the economy. How we are seen and how we are able to negotiate and discuss global politics in the next decade will to a great degree shape the remainder of our time here.

DO YOU REALLY WANT JOHN McCAIN AND/OR SARAH PALIN DOING THAT????

I mean really.

No comments: