Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hat Size





The WIFI is out here. The kids at the front desk provide the usual CYA explanation. Yo, kids, fess up, just tell me that the service is temporarily off and the provider is working on it AND we will let you know the minute it is reconnected, AND we are so sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused so please feel free to stay an extra five minutes in the shower tomorrow morning, on us. Use all the hot water and our wonderful organic shampoo/conditioner you like. Because we know that you are an important guy and need to stay connected to the net 24/7 in order to conduct business, negotiate mega-deals and make concise and timely blog entries on themes spanning the social, political, commercial and athletic gamut. That is what they should have said. All they really said was that it's not our fault, it is somebody else's and please go away.

So since I am in rant mode. Who (TF) designed these roads out in East Madison? It is an absolute nightmare to navigate. The gal at Home Depot said that she drives from her apartment to work and straight back every day because she fears getting lost. I almost ended up TWICE in Sun Prairie. And I have no idea where that is. Nice work Mr. Civil Engineer at 80K per. But..... (rant off)

On the good side...

There is a burrito shop called La Bamba that I visited a few times last year that claims to make them AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD. I love this place. The guys speak broken english which goes for a great dialogue with my broken spanish. We all agree in busted spanglish that burritos should be GRANDE and beer should be FRIO. All the better if it's CHEAP. My kinda place. It's across the nightmare 151 highway at the portal to Sun Prairie.

I stopped by the booth today to say hi to Dave and ended up spending five hours talkin to the NAS gang and assorted CT friends, family and fans. There is nothing I'd rather discuss than the making of RCV's. Shelly says not to worry about the bad mouthing at slowtwitch, it is par for the course. Got some good interviews, notably with Jason Shortis (what a gentleman) and Lauren Jensen (what a sweetheart). As well as several CT AGers who contributed to the video effort all of whom will be included in the Kona DVD (audio permitting). If you were involved in the making of this latest cinematic epic and would like a copy after its release (at Kona) please let me know and I'll get you one, somehow. After Kona I will probably post it over at the RCVMan YouTube site and link here, but to ensure the highest quality, you really should have the mini DVD in HiDef. I have it scripted out so far to run about 20 minutes and include all the interviews, RCV samples and race highlights from the last two years. Plus a rocking soundtrack. Heck, for ten bucks I'll send ya a burrito too. Please include your hat size with payment.

All for Friday. See you tomorrow. Adios amigos.

No comments: