Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting this Far

Having been recently reminded that an occasional positive comment might be an interesting experiment, I started to jot down a few of the things I like. After the first three or four it got to be kinda fun. I wouldn't go as far as to say that the cynic has been rejuvenated, but it was worth the effort. Thank you for the inspiration.

STUFF I LIKE.

I like the smell of coffee roasting.
I like the stillness of a pre-dawn summer morning.
I like the way deer look at me when they first notice.
I like it when my Dad laughs.
I like clean sheets.
I like it when my GF cooks for me (and her).
I like the way my body responds to a hard work out.
I like reading a well written sentence (boy do I).
I like watching the sun stream thru the trees as I sit in my studio.
I like my job.
I like even more the fact that I created my job and it has created value for others.
I like my neighbors.
I like my cheap guitar.
I like the current DVD project I am working on (event though it has an impossible deadline).
I like tofu.
I like Guinness beer.
I like knowing that despite my travel schedule, work load and scant training the last two years, I could go out Sunday and do an Ironman.
I like that it is now more important that I know this than how fast I could do the above.
I like Philip Seymour Hoffman.
I like trying to follow Trey Anastasio's thinking as I listen to him play.
Same way I used to like doing that with Jerry.
I like the fact that I still miss Jerry.
I like it that Southwest Airlines doesn't follow the herd.
I like Japanese art.
I like the sparkle in Obama's eyes
I like the UW Huskies football team.
I like my new addition. Most of it anyway.
I like Tom Robbins.
I still like Meg Ryan.
I like riding my bike on Highway 305 racing the cars.
I like the smell of the high desert.
I like Michael Caine.
I like Noam Chomsky.
I like people who want change in America.
I like people who take risks.
I like curry.
I like laughing, smiling and feeling good about being alive.
I like looking for the silver lining.
I like chaos (sometimes).
I like order (sometimes).
I like lots of stuff.
I like you for getting this far.

No comments: