Monday, September 8, 2008

Good Luck




Dateline: Madison, Wisconsin. Monday, Sept. 8, 2008.

Ironman Wisconsin wrap up. One of these days I will stick around for the awards banquet, but today, I gotta get outta town and back to the studio where some serious editing awaits. I am pretty sure that I have the requisite number of talking heads to make the RCV Kona sampler both entertaining and informative. Nothing like celebrity testimony. Or, in this case, alternating pro, age group and race directors comments on CT and most specifically, RCVs. Lord knows I have enough rendered footage from all the events that we have shot over the last two years. and again thanks to everyone who offered their comments on our baby (now in her terrible twos).

Speaking of which, yesterday was a huge success, our second attempt at this venue. First, it didn't rain, always a good place to start. Second, the 50cc scooter that I rented held up OK. The first 40 miles I was terrified that it wouldn't make it up the first Verona climb and I would have to run astride, pushing it up the hill at full throttle in front of all the fans. But it make it. Only on that long winding decent on the second lap did I get passed by a pro who was SCREAMING down. So the ride was cool. The bumpy roads will prove a test for Shake, but I think that it will be OK, based on how it handled the expansion joint hell at Canada and the cobblestones of GG Park at Alcatraz. Still, fingers are crossed.

I need to mention how classy Lauren Jensen is. www.computrainer.com/rm_inc/Stories/LJenssen.htm. Her interview from Friday is wonderful, she is polite, reserved, charismatic and sincere. I caught her at about mile 75 of the bike, second loop, while she was both chasing Hillary Biscay and passing the slower age groupers. A lot of pros would just focus on the former and ignore the latter, yet even on wide country roads, with little race traffic, Lauren called out "On Your Left" to every rider she passed, several of whom responded with a yell of encouragement for the 40 year old local professional. I have all this captured and it will make the final cut, sans audio (too much wind static), so trust me when you watch the eventual RCV of IM Moo '08, that when we stay with Lauren for about ten minutes, this is the dialogue:

LJ: On your left
AGer: Go Lauren.
LJ: On your left.
AGer: Go Lauren.
LJ: On your left.
AGer: Go Lauren.

And she went. And I went with her. I love my job.

I promised a sample clip from IMC didn't I? Sorry, got a little busy there. I'll have one up by tomorrow night. Will two minutes of Richter Pass satisfy?

Thanks again to everyone who came by the booth in Wisconsin. And thanks to Dave for all his help, expertise and commentary. (Here's to La Grange). I had a great time talking with ya all. It appears that the demand is there for the RCVs, all I gotta do is figure a way to speed up the process and everyone will be happy. That is still my goal, you know, make everyone happy.

Wish me luck.

No comments: