Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day ninety-seven opportunity

I have this opportunity. This day. I can do anything I desire to create success. I can sleep in until noon or I can rise with a song in my heart and snap to the activities, rituals and challenges of the next 24 hours, 12 of which are specific to my goals.

Everyday I need to revisit my primary objective, otherwise my tendencies are to simply navigate the treacherous waters known as the sea of life and to call happiness enough. And it is. Except that I now feel a need to overachieve and create something more tangible, less abstract, something I can touch and taste. Without this, an imbalance is created that gives too much of my energies to others, for their personal use. If I am not in constant care of my awareness, one of the ten thousand corporate hacks will win a round of the 'look-here' game. I need to focus on my goal, not be prey to theirs.

I need to know and go. To know what I need to do and go get it. This with a relentless awareness of my inner GPS and its ability to objectively inform me of here. What 'now' is this longitude and latitude? Where am I on the path? Am I close? Am I just around the corner from Heaven or a mile from Hell*? It is no longer sufficient to merely move, it must now be a dance, free form to the rhythm of my heart. This drum solo has to sizzle as I march.

This dance to that drum could be monumental. There is big change on the radar, a blip of potential. My private challenge, this opportunity, to use the resources at hand, hard-earned and costly, to reinvest in the future by means of the present. I must create something of high artistic value. It needn't be for forever, but it must have meaning, heart and soul now.

I am not 100% sure what that is. I am confident that if my attention is precise, I will get some clues. I will find out, shuffle through the noise, distraction, darkness and negativity to find the color, texture, scale and purpose I desire.

If I can increase the quality of every experience, my happiness will be rewarded.

Today.

A day of opportunity. A set of circumstances that allow additional action.

A lyric used without permission from Jackson Browne's The Road and the Sky.

No comments: