Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 112

Touched down in Austin, TX a few hours ago. Usual mine field thru logistics getting here. TSA confiscated my toothpaste in Seattle, had 30 minutes to get to off-site rent-a-car to save $200 in airport fees and taxes. Bumper to bumper on Rt 1 and 183, motel lost my reservation. But dinner was good in a sports bar next to motel. Caesar salad, spinach with garlic and flat bread cheese and tomato, all chased by a couple modelos. Some reading and early lights out.

Tomorrow the fun begins.

Still thinking about this morning. We went hard. It was fun. I am starting to feel stronger. At last.

I wonder if ever I will ride another 112, today's numerology metaphor. And then follow with a marathon.

For that is the goal.This morning after class the scale shouted 168, lowest since this "phase' began 15 months ago.

Note to self: Do not lose sight of that goal when on the road this year.


No comments: