Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DO THIS




We are out tomorrow for a trip to one of my favorite places on this beautiful planet of ours. Not that I have seen everything or been everywhere, mind you, but of the places I have had the good fortune to visit, Penticton, British Columbia, Canada is at the very top of the list. Right up there with Venice, Kauai, The Canary Islands, Cabo. The idea is to ride the IM course on Friday and then do half of the run course Saturday morning before heading back to Seattle Saturday night. Bob and Chris are Dads and expected to be present for Sunday's Fathers Day festivities at home. Plan is to take it out via North Cascades Highway and back I-90. I have yet to decide if I will ride Phoenix Red (tri bike) or Little Miss Mirthy (road). Trixie (fixed) will have to stay home this trip, much to her chagrin. 

In homework planning for this journey and the next, Ironman 70.3 Mt. Tremblant, I have come across some interesting side notes. For your entertainment and motivational consideration, here are links to some way cool stuff about some very fast and successful triathletes.


Hillary Biscay, Tri-Queen
TJ Tollakson, Tri-Beast
Jenny Fletcher, Tri-Model
Migali Tisseyre, Tri-Pixie
Matt Sheeks, Tri-Apostle
Angela Naeth, Tri-Star

Because I have two tons of video work to do, packing and three more workout sessions left prior to departure, I must leave you with this little gem I found on Angela's site:

One day I will no longer be able to do this. 
TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.

Pix: (Top) I am a science experiment from Angela. (Center) Mighty Magali. (Bottom) Jenny the Tri-Model. Bravo!

No comments: