Saturday, February 4, 2012

This


You Can If You Think You Can!


If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But soon or late the man who wins,
Is the man who thinks he can.


~ C. W. Longenecker ~




This isn't over. Not by a long shot. I will not give up. I will not surrender. Right now the pain is unbearable. I cannot see anything but the color of profound sadness. The mountain is gone. I am alone to deal with my suffering. Exploring the depth of my soul I find an old friend. He is saying that clinging to duality is the root of your suffering. There is no right or wrong, good or bad, high or low. Your judgement of reality is what is causing your anguish. They are the same. Let it go. Relax and breathe. Have we not been here before and faced the same issues? Have we learned nothing from those experiences? Must we repeat the same tests again until we respond correctly with love, compassion and non-judgement?


This isn't over. I think I can endure. I think I can come out the other side as a lighter person. I think I can climb that mountain. I am willing to commit 100% of my energies in the attempt. To look at this moment as the most important, the only, the defining one second of my eternity. With everything on the line. If I give my all, I cannot lose. I might die trying. That would be quite OK.


This isn't over. I will not stop. I am relentless in my pursuit. I have worked with diligence and passion to insure that my fuel mixture is pure. It will sustain the speed and power requirements to get there. And there is getting closer with every breath. Every heartbeat. Every kilojoule of energy expended. I now see that there as already here. I am it. Now.


This isn't over. It will never be over. It has only just begun. There is no question mark. That fact is an exclamation point. I will survive. I will thrive. I will survive to continue. To persevere, to move, and to love and respect the process. One inch at a time. Until cannot becomes can. Until this suffering ends and the light warms my frail bones once again. Oh, that sweet moment when one race ends. And another one begins.


This isn't over.

5 comments:

Willow said...

Are you hurting?

KML5 said...

I am alive.

Willow said...

Injured? And yes, you are alive and I'm very happy about that!

Stephanie Rohl said...

I'm very happy about that, too. Take care of your hamstrings...they're essential, you know!

KML5 said...

Yes, they do come in hammy. Thanks for your concern, I am fine. Just some turbulence whirling at gale force, perhaps past, perhaps not. We will survive.