Friday, February 10, 2012

The Friday Five

I am so happy today is a rest day. My hamstrings are feeling 10000% better. I know this because i can walk. Yesterday's simultaneous over indigence of protein was hugely beneficial in the recovery process as well. I could actually feel the restorative process taking place as the soreness was gradually reduced, replaced by what I hope is a better, stronger, more powerful package. But today I need to be patient and allow the process to finish. It has been nine days since my last run and I really want to get out there in the rain and slosh out a 5K, but I will wait.


In the meantime here are a couple of interesting links. This on the importance of practice, more so even after a level of expertise has been achieved. Always a good reminder when we get bogged down with the mundane repetition of perfecting our craft, AKA simultaneous practice and performance.


Next is this beautiful thought from Ira Glass on fighting the good fight. He has so many poignant thoughts here that it is difficult to isolate just one. However, the relentlessness factor always gets my heart beating ten beats faster.


Lastly is this ESPN piece on a girls cross-country team and their coach. His mantra of patience and consistency has paid some championship dividends for his teams. An ROI that I find most enriching.


The Friday Five:


Keep Practicing

Stick with it

Have Patience

Be Consistent

Fight your way through


Enjoy Every Ride. The sixth is a bonus.

2 comments:

ej said...

whats the name of that song? Distorted social scene?

KML5 said...

Cause=Time