Monday, February 6, 2012

Cheese Please

  • Johnny Strikes Up The Band, Warren Zevon
  • Both Hands, Ani DiFranco
  • La Boa, Los Mocosos
  • Rebel Side of Heaven, Langhorne Slim
  • Day of the Eagle, Robin Trower
  • Shattered (Turn the Car Around), O.A.R.
  • What Is And What Should Never Be, Led Zeppelin
  • All Along the Watchtower, Jimi Hendrix
  • Skateaway, Dire Straits
  • My Lucky Day, Bruce Springsteen
  • No Rain, Blind Melon
  • Words of Love, Beatles
  • Green Instrument, Afro Celts
  • Resist, Melissa Etheridge
  • Sookie Sookie, Steppenwolf
  • You Wreck Me, Tom Petty
  • Happy Together, Turtles
  • Beautiful Day, U2
  • Baba O'Riely , The Who
  • I Can Hear Your Heartbeat, Chris Rea
  • Further On Up The Road, Eric Clapton




The Turtles - Happy Together by lucky33


This morning on NPR. Songs to spin to. A delicate subject, as we all know. I would last about ten seconds in this gentlemen's class with that playlist. But then again he IS in LA, so......I will give him bonus points for mixing it up and mashing a morning set to his demographic and another to the evening crowd. Anyone who has done double sessions knows how important this is. He get's even more bonus points for his final comment on endorphin flow and cheese. If ya wanna have some fun, spend ten minutes reading a few of the comments. Ouch!!!!! And simply for the sake of comparison, above is my set list from this morning. There is cheese and there is GOOD cheese.


The local VBA knows how beautiful it has been the last few says in the GPNW. I am sure it has been nice in LA, too. All this blueness of sky has got my lazy arse off the saddle and back into pizza oven production, as in laying bricks. If the production is to continue at its current pace (in time for a spring pie) I need to hustle down to the masonry outlet and put some more brick on plastic.


Great work this morning in the HoM, the day after the Stupor Bowl is usually pretty bland.


Unless of course you add some gourmet cheese. No matter how they toss the dice.......

4 comments:

Willow said...

I wouldn't exactly call you a "lazy arse" by any stretch of the imagination! But I am looking forward to having some tasty pizza!

KML5 said...

Tasty pizza you shall have (soon)

ej said...

arrrghhh, those LA people are crazy, ha,ha, after reading and listening to that I don't feel so bad about moving even if the weather there is so damn good. You're a great spin class instructor Kevin and blog artist, keep up the good work and playing those great tunes.

KML5 said...

LA is LA and that's OK. We just do things a little different. My modus operandi is pretty straightforward: I play what I like and we go with intensity. Most of the time it works. Thanks, as always for your comments.