Monday, August 30, 2010

ND7 and Out.







ND7. And out. Took advantage of my final day in beautiful Lillehammer by getting in a killer two hour run. That included a "Move the Rock" session of climbing the steps at the Olympic Ski Jump. I lost count at 400 when vision started to blur and hearing went mute. You will see the MTR video in a few days as I need to clean the house, empty the trash, clean gear and pack for the walk to the train station in the morning. Did a test run on my shopping trip this afternoon and I made the all uphill return in 40 minutes, so I am confident that I can haul my big blue gear bag and Timbuk2 backpack in 35. Train leaves for Oslo at 06:18 (costs 248 Kroner or 40 bucks) and takes a little under two hours. Flight to Newark departs promptly (!) at 11:25. A three hour layover in Newark (yuk) and the last leg into Seattle arriving at just before nine. Should give me plenty of time to catch the train, the 10:55 ferry and with any luck at all I will have four hours of sleep before our 0530 session in the House of Pain Wednesday morning.

This is final post from Norge. It was a blast. I think we did some nice things to push the CompuTrainer agenda here, giving Ole some sales ammo and getting in a five hour epic ride, of which the video seems to indicate that another primo RCV is soon to follow. I was told that this years race, all 15,000 slots sold out in 66 on-line seconds last year. Demand? Or you can buy the RCV for, let's see, about 498 Kroner. After being here all week and seeing the event and the absolute splendor of this area, I highly recommend BOTH.

My sincere thanks to everyone who helped out along the way. Tusen Takk.

Pix: The legend of the Birkebeiner depicted as statue in town square. It is great story. Two views from the top of the ski jump, Shopping on the main street.

RCVman out. Skoal.

No comments: