Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Parting Shots



A couple of parting shots from Norway. The stairs and a T intersection on the Birkebeiner trail. Like I said this morning in our rocking spin class, if you held a gun to my head at the top of these stairs (the ski jump) I would still not go. Way, way too high.

Downloading video, unpacking, getting caught up. Next trip in eight days, off to Washington DC for the Nations Triathlon. We have a recovery 10K scheduled for 6 and then my big cap-doff to the aging process tomorrow as I run the 33 miles of Chilly Hilly. Run, walk, probably. Maybe Alzheimer's has already set in as I seem to recall someone saying, "You're crazy." You talkin' to me?

Did it seem odd to you that yesterday there was no mention of music? We went all those weeks, every Tuesday, listing another killer ten tunes, and then suddenly, nothing. Being 34,000 feet above the Atlantic is simply no excuse. As an additional bonus, next week, I will add my top ten glaring omissions from the recently concluded RCVman Top Spinning Tunes of All-Time. And there are a few.

It is officially game week. YES! College Football kicks off its 2010 campaign this week. The much maligned UW Huskies, riding the crest of a two game winning streak head out to Provo Utah to square off with the BYU Cougars. BYU are 3 point faves. Ya wanna make some quick cash???? Take the Dawgs. The fearless RCVman pick: UW 38, BYU 20. That should cover the spread.

Locker for Heisman. And a shot to the head of that ref who threw a penalty flag on Jake as he single-handedly led the Huskies back to a last minute tie, two years ago. Excessive celebrating. True story. You can look it up. I still shake my head. Revenge will be ours Saturday.

WOOF and out.

No comments: