Friday, September 10, 2010

WDC1



Back in the Nations Capitol for Sunday's big event. They are booking it as the largest Olympic Distance Tri in America. That will be a lot of folks riding the 24.8 miles (40K) of the bike leg. The game plan is coming together nicely, with contacts made, meetings scheduled and logistics solidified.

Spent a peaceful night at sister Kathleene's upon arrival followed by a hectic drive through what seemed like all of the District's districts today to drop her at work and then find the expo. So let me see if I have this right:

Numbered streets run North & South. Letter streets run East & West and state names defy convention and run diagonally. I am on T Street and Connecticut, meaning, that without my iPhone and it's Map app I might as well be on the moon.

Met up with Dave at the Expo and had a nice chat about the NYC Triathlon RCV and it's many joys. I still get YouTube comments about the crashes and dynamics. Dave feels that riding in the pack isn't the best "real life simulation" however as the speed controls can be confusing. We have a solution and it is called Sunday. Shooting the same course twice could offer athletes the choice to ride the same course looking at different perspectives, with other riders or without.

And that isn't the only news from the RCV R&D front. We have made significant strides in creating real 3D, and work was relayed this morning TWICE that the initial results are, well, PFC. Pretty freaking cool.

Lastly. after dropping of Kathy I had the chance to stroll by the Marine Barracks, get a haircut and grab a wonderful plate of French Toast and eggs at Ted's Bulletin. Pictured is my waitress, Melissa, who treated me like royalty and even helped point me in the right direction after breakfast. Three numbers, two letters and a state.

Welcome to DC.

Semper Fi in DC.
Melissa at Ted's Bulletin.
Dave at the Hilton. Tell her RCVman sent ya.

No comments: