Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pelvis & The Hips





It's all in the hips. So says the cycling physio. Please check out his very cool and informative site and spend a few moments doing the exercises. The clamshell in particular helps to determine if you have weak glutes that may be causing problems elsewhere. Like your knees.

Elvis would say that its all in the pelvis, so maybe that is the subtle difference between triathlon and rock, explained at long last.

Tomorrow is a getaway day. The intrepid RCV crew heads to Sea-Tac at an hour when most sane people are listening to REM. Lots of miles tomorrow as we transit through Atlanta on our way to Boston. If you want to ask why, please call Air Tran, cause I don't know. Like it's on the way?

This weekend we'll be in New Hampshire to shoot Timberman 70.3 and hopefully get some time to shoot the Mt. Washington climb while we're in the area. Monday back to Logan for the big trip to Oslo.

I am finishing up the Lake Stevens video and it looks good, especially the second lap when the sun was a little more overhead. I told the RD this morning that I think we finally captured good enough video to do this demanding and scenic course justice. It may be the most difficult shoot on the 70.3 circuit, this owing to the trees, shadows, extreme light swings and roiling terrain. Throw in a lot of vehicular traffic, 1,100 tri-geeks and you got some serious challenges. Took me four tries.

Sorry about not getting up any video, but here are a few stills from Sunday. Speaking of hips, Canadains Melanie MacQuaid (top-left and overall Womens winner) and Somantha McGlone, have a good understanding of their importance. I think this is Pro Brian Fleischmann being the first out of the water. And the E-man. Lake Stevens results here.

All for now. Next post from the Hampshires. Local Guy: Fuel up the jet!

4 comments:

ej said...

and Ab Fat: http://news.cnet.com/8301-27083_3-20014001-247.html?tag=cnetRiver

KML5 said...

I am doomed

FW said...

Have you reached MVP Gold or Premier or whatever top level mileage plan you are on?

As for myself, I need six more trips to hit Gold for next year.

KML5 said...

I use Visa/Alaska Air miles and get free trips as a result of my out-of-control business related spending habits. Flew Air Trans yesterday for the first time and they were kinda OK. I considered it a HUGE upgrade when the person on the aisle next to my center seat was a no-show in Atlanta. Free bag too.