Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Roo-Cam




Long day already and we have another spin session in an hour. Everybody seems to be OK with the RCVman entourage hitting their respective town, races, burbs, events. We are set for Boise, Madison's Horribly Hilly Hundreds, the Nature Valley events, Lake Tahoe X-Terra and the Birkebeiner outside of Lillihammer, Norway. All that went down this morning.

The photo is of the new HD camera set up I will be testing in Boise on Saturday. "We want video from the racer perspective as close to the action as humanly possible, so put us in the race," you have said loud and clear. No longer happy with the obvious limitations of even a Mini-Cooper, the cumbersomeness of a BMW 1150 (or Gold Wing), we now (will attempt) to give you Real Course Video from the end of my aero-bars as I do the 56 miles. Folks, I just wanna say at this point in the colorful history of this project, the lifeline of this brand and the literal light of my life, that we cannot get any closer. You will see exactly what I see, as I see it and how I see it. I will pass some people at breakneck speeds. I will be passed (maybe), I will cut tangents and scream on descents, I will try to keep her steady as we climb out of saddle. Should I flat, we'll fix it together. If I crash YOU ARE GOIN WITH ME.

How does that sound?

Good. Cause here we go. And yes, I will swim and run. Sans camera (which we are now calling the Roo-cam). Because it's on my faithful and sometimes fast 12 year old Quintana-Roo. Ya gotta love it.

4 comments:

FW said...

A Stedi-Cam mount would be awesome. Heavy and awkward but smooth.

KML5 said...

The other geysers in my age group would love me to be luggin around a 30lb stedi-cam for 56 miles but I will not give them that advantage...this time. btw the Go-Pro has a built in image stabilization function that helps considerably, plus the way that the Roo-cam sits I can add additional stabilization by using my thumbs on both sides of the camera housing. I think it will work. Results up on Monday!

KML5 said...

I guess that should be "geezers".

FW said...

Another reason to spin circles and not pedal squares.