Friday, June 11, 2010

Back in Boise



Back in Boise. Tomorrow is the Boise 70.3, with a unique starting time of 2pm. Weird. The reason behind this I am quite sure is to give the resivour a few more minutes to get to tolerable swimming temps, a plan that might work to perfection as today and tomorrow are both expected to be in the 70's. Hurray. Leaving the gloom and grey of Seattle yesterday only to get to the overcast and threatening high desert was a touch discouraging, especially when the local news was reporting flash floods along the river road where the run course meanders. Sheesh, welcome to town. But this morning the sun is already out and warming these chilled bones nicely.

The athlete brief is in an hour, so I'll go and hear what the management wants us to do (or not to do as is mostly the case). It'll be fun to put on the participants cap again after so many events on the media side. Tomorrow I get to DO, not merely WATCH.

After the brief I plan on heading up to the swim to check it out and drop the Roo-Cam and then take an afternoon run past Boise State and finish with a mellow evening. Might even head back to Casanova's Pizzeria were I enjoyed an excellent pesto pizza last night. They are on Vista and Kootenai if you are in the area. Cool joint.

All for now RCV fans, stay tuned.

Pix: I always get the seat by the motor. And the CT booth at the Q-West Arena.

4 comments:

FW said...

How do you pack your bike for flight?

KML5 said...

Ahh, some secrets will be revealed...As CompuTrainer Kurt was driving down to work the race Expo, I took the Roo-Cam to him on Wednesday and he hauled it the 500 miles for me, gratis. He has my claim check to get her out of transition tomorrow and lug 'er home (while I am slugging it out on the run course). Short answer: No packing and no cost.

FW said...

That's the way to do it. Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free.

KML5 said...

I might feel tomorrow like I am moving refrigerators and color TVs!