Thursday, June 24, 2010

Indoor Power




We have a break in the action so I am posting some stills from this mornings shoot at Indoor Power. As nice a CompuTrainer Multi-Rider set up as I have come across (and I have come across many). The diverse six person group went through a quick set up and calibration and then got right down to business. As expected Chad had designed a tailored program to maximize time and value, meaning, of course, that the session was going to be a tough one. We grabbed some decent video despite the darkened room and I even managed to get some juicy quotes from the riders, their background, history, training, the benefits of structured indoor sessions and goals. We even had a dancer amongst us! A first to the extent of my knowledge.

After the session I drove the 50 some miles down to Tahoe City to check out Commons Beach, the starting point of Saturdays race. Since my last visit they have installed a bike path that parallels the Truckee River all the way up to Squaw Valley, so tomorrow when I pick up my Mtb rental I plan on doing a section of the path to calibrate the vest-cam. Like maybe all of it. Won't that be fun?

I am down loading the Indoor Power video as we speak and might even have a rough cut done tonight. Onward and Upward amigos. Don't forget about the Mexico cruise, you should register today to reserve your spot. It is never too early to avoid being too late.

Pix: RCVman hits Lake Tahoe. Francis asked me when there might be a RCV for Dogs (throw the tennis ball, sprint, recover, repeat). The Indoor Power set up (under challenging light).

No comments: