Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Little Big City

Dateline: Reno. Biggest Little City in the World. I am out in one of the new sprawl burbs at an Extended Stay, about ten miles south of the Airport. It is still 75 degrees at 5:30. Heading out in an hour for a short trail run and then dinner in, mainly because I have a kitchenette and I am tired of Subway and burritos. I would really like some mushroom risotto and steamed asparagus.

Made contact today with the local purveyor of Indoor Power, a CompuTrainer Multi-Rider Center, where we will shoot one of their classes tomorrow at 0900. Chad Timmerman owns and leads the classes and sounds like one of those guys that really knows his stuff. Know the type? It is always a true pleasure to spend time with professionals and experts in their respective fields. The goal is to interview Chad, film the session and create a promo piece for our respective sites. After that, I am heading down to Tahoe City to scope out the course for Saturdays X-Terra event, where we will debut yet another RCV application, this time in order to capture off-road video using the vest-cam, a device that I wear in order to keep the camera steady and stable. You are thinking, why not a helmet-cam? Too much head movement, when we ride we turn to look, constantly, and this obviously affects the view-ability of the end product. Using the vest-cam, I get core stability and can still turn my head to see who might be gaining on me. This, because I want to get out of their way. Not because I am racing. I am also going to shoot both directions of Hwy 89 from Truckee to Tahoe City for RCV use as this stretch is flat out gorgeous. If time permits on Friday, I might make the entire trip around the Lake, all 71 miles of it. Car-cam this time.

We are downloading the HHH at the studio as we speak and it looks great. I am also looking forward to cutting the NVGP as some of that action is gonna make you gasp.

The RCVman T100 spin tune contest is heating up, and please remember folks that the comments feature at the bottom of the page takes you there. Don't be shy. Share the love.

All for now from Reno. ciao ciao. Clue: NOT Stairway to Heaven.

2 comments:

FW said...

I Feel Fine was well received at the 0530 session today.

KML5 said...

Sorry to have missed it. Really.