Saturday, June 19, 2010

REM 10K


I am holding on. You have heard me say in the past on a few occasions that the day has been a long one. Well, we have a new standard. A twilight crit in Minneapolis on Friday night and then the Horribly Hilly Hundred Saturday in Madison, Wisconsin. Distance between: 250 miles. Drive time: 5 hours. Sleep: Nada. Video: Excellent.

And that is all that matters. You do what needs to be done. It is 2:32 on Saturday after the HHH and I am in the flea bag recharging batts and devices for tomorrows finale in Stillwater, MN. That means a shower, precious sleep and drive back to Minnesota. I am glad now that the counter guy at Alamo talked me into the upgrade to midsize. After that I am not sure what I will do. I have Monday off and then Tuesday out for Seattle and then back out Wednesday for Lake Tahoe.

I would really like to get in a long run, but sleep is more important right now, so a REM 10K is the happy medium.

A couple of pix from the Kids Crit Friday night in Uptown Minneapolis. When all else fails, the Kids Always Rock.

Talk soon. Good Afternoon.

4 comments:

ej said...

I grew up in the Stillwater area. It is the oldest town in MN. Stillwater had its choice of the state prison, the univ. of mn or the state capital. The town leadership chose the prison as they reasoned it would provide the most jobs for locals. There used to be several small ski areas across the bridge and into the valleys on the Wisc. side of the st. croix. Spent many nights trying to scrape ice off the windows in sub-zero temps after night skiing.

ej said...

that is hennepin ave. I think Father Hennepin was credited with founding or even discovering the Minneapolis area. I'm telling Sam as I write this that I should write a book about MN...ha, ha...

ej said...

now I'm reading about the race. if those riders are going up those steep hills in Stillwater they are going to love that. I have to go to this next year.

KML5 said...

It was a fun day in Stillwater. Wait till you see the video.

Is the punch line that now there are only liberal professors and politicians in the Stillwater Slammer?