Tuesday, June 22, 2010

100-91

OK folks, here we go. The highly anticipated and controversial, over budget and delayed, missing link to your total indoor training nirvana.

Yes, that's all it is. Capsulized everything. Nothing and all. Picture what lies between the bicycle and the guitar, between the empty and the full, under heaven and out of hell. They tell it better than I. There are a hundred stories here, dished up ten at a time. The soundtrack to the scene of you morphing towards you. In real time.

These are the RCVman Top 100 Spin Songs of ALL-TIME. I use them in two ways, at home on my CompuTrainer to measure power, and in the spin studio, leading group sessions. Either way, the criteria for inclusion to this elite list is very simple: The tunes gotta rock, have soul, and get me lazy ass movin'. There is also a sub-category that is more choreography than just the standalone tune. In each of these ten countdown lists, each set contains at least one of the following:

A quick tune for sprinting
A grinder for climbing
An extended jam for building endurance
A "balance" tune for just that, usually World Music
A quirky number for fun
And one song that I simply like and appreciate even though it may not be a 100% perfect tune for spinning. But then again, when all is right, and you got the grove, under the sweet spot magic of the moment, endorphins flowing, ANY SONG CAN MAKE THE LIST THAT DAY.

It's all up to you. So without further adieu,

RCVman Top 100
Spin Tunes
of ALL-TIME

100, Tom Sawyer, Rush
99, I Feel Fine, The Beatles
98, Stay With Me, Small Faces
97, Jingo, Santana
96, Theme from the Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Hugo Montenegro
95, Never Gonna Change, Drive By Truckers
94, Nevermore, Afro Celts
93, Maybe, Cheryl Crow
92, Cisco Kid, War
91, Dixie Chicken, Little Feat

One last note. You will quickly see my preferences for musical spinning accompaniment. I'll fess up. I like Classic Rock. I also like World Music. I like Jazz and I love the Blues. Beethoven Rocks. There is a time and a place for all genres, no doubt, I simply prefer R&R when working out.

Leading to the final few bars and building crescendo, knowing all this and now having a ten tune sampler (100-91) we now make this incredible offer:

If you can guess what the RCVman NUMBER ONE Spinning tune of ALL-TIME will be, you will win.

Something.

Something nice.

AND OF VALUE.

And cool.

Like mixing Rock & Roll and Indoor Training.

Go hard and go loud my friends. Next week are numbers 90-81. Rock on.

11 comments:

Tom said...

its The Who "Love Reigh O'er Me"

check this: http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/pearl-jam-love-reign-oer-me-the-real-me/2c8067c835391478f3df2c8067c835391478f3df-69949784232?q=the%20who,%20reign%20on%20me&FORM=VIRE5

KML5 said...

I like it. Many Who tunes in T100, not numero uno however. Please feel free to enter as many times as you wish, sir.

le said...

Magic Carpet Ride??

KML5 said...

I like to dream , yeah.

Nice vibe. I love this song. You know my joke about Herman Hess being the author?

You are smoking hot le, but no cigar today.

And btw, I am in Reno today snooping around for the prize!

ej said...

this is funny, yeah but steppenwolf and pearl jam kinda lack rhythm at this point in the contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR2T1fXP9NI

ej said...

I mean pearl jam who cover. my other guess is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk

ej said...

maybe get these guys as back-up judges: http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/index.php?page=ep18&gclid=CPLI75jot6ICFRJWagodoV0o6A

KML5 said...

GG & HT never quite gets there. They noodle around at high tempo but just don't quite get to the same place that, say Freebird, Flirtin with Disaster, Can't ya See, or Ramblim Man all do. Sorry, not T100 quality. Rubber Band Man, however....

ej said...

yeah, I never liked the song either but we're talking near the bottom 100.

ej said...

OK, here the guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2aBOTNGWMY

either this or China Grove

KML5 said...

Doobies: Now yer talkin brother!!!