Sunday, April 12, 2009

St. Croix

Well, well, well. How long HAS it been? RCVman shot the world famous St. Croix 70.3 Triathlon on a balmy, partially rainy, steamy and challenging Fifth of May, 2007. For those of you keeping score, that is coming onto two years. Suffice it to say.....no, please allow me to say, that this RCV had every glitch, headache, screw-up, set-back, delay, hassle, and challenge imaginable. We have been working on this since the day after I returned from the USVI some 23 months ago, and now, RCV fans, it has been released. There are flaws, most obviously from my end, as the logistics of shooting 56 non stop miles on a rolling, climbing (did I say climbing?), wet, humid (duh) and ever changing lighting environment, was, saying it understatedly, a nightmare. So there are the few overstaurated segments, a few washed out meters, and one or two soft focus recoveries. But, all in all, I think it is a pretty fair representation of the course and what I am quite confident will be a serious ass kicker of an RCV.

RCVman would like to take this opportunity to thank all the good people involved with this production. Roger and Ray at RacerMate, as always, displayed more patience and dedication than a team of red ants, and the guys down in the VI, all assisted tremendously and gregariously. Tom, Todd, Win, Wayne, gracias amigos. And to my favorite tri-gal of all time, Karen Smyers, merci beacoup.

So that was then. Here were are today with the eighth RCV now to market. http://www.computrainer.com/rm_inc/sales/realcoursevideo_order.htmlAfter all this water under the bridge I couldn't very well let this moment pass without an adjacent trailer, now could I? And after the above mentioned hassles and restless nights worrying and working on this project, the theme of the trailer came to me in a dream Friday night........kind of a dream anyway. Hope you like it.

No comments: