Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Power of the Pack







Today we graduated the class of 2009 (Top photo). A 55 minute TT was the ceremony and we all finished strong, turning the class mantra into wisdom. I do apologize for my rather vulgar methaphor in reference to going out too hard. Ahem. It was 21 weeks of training, four days a week at 0530. That's 84 one-hour, HIT, sessions. I am proud of this group, their dedication, their attitudes and their spirit. It was fun. Tuesday is the first day of the Spring class and I am taking the Tuesday and Thursday 0700 (might as well be noon!) class, and keeping my 0530 class on Wednesday (post graduate work). The T&T will be spinning 101 as we start from scratch with a new group and a clean slate. I hope to post a similar message 21 weeks out.

Just so you know, dear GBA, the reason I am taking the 0700 classes is not only to free my weekends for travel, training, racing and filming, but to attempt to attract a new audience. I am looking forward to the challenge and hope that I don't scare off too many too soon. I will give it my best effort.

Also, from the Power of the Pack concept, I have been surfing the web to find clubs, facilities and coaches who are using the CompuTrainer Multi-Rider system, http://www.computrainer.com/multirider_fun.htm because we are just days away from launching the beta MR RCVs, and I want some buzz created quick with their release. So I am starting yet another new contest (no wine this time) are here are the paramaters: If your club, team, gym, town or YMCA uses a Multi-Rider system, either steer me to the link or send me a jpeg and whomever has the 'coolest' set-up (as determined by my elite panel of unbiased cycling fanatics), wins a Foxtrot, Romeo, Echo, Echo Multi-Rider RCV. Here are the first round finalists:

Ft. Wayne, IN (Third from top photo)
http://teamtrifort.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=76
Austin, TX
http://www.mellowjohnnys.com/pedal-hard
Denver, CO (Second from top photo)
http://www.peaktopeaktraining.com/content/view/17/31/
Bethesda, MD
http://contebikes.com/page.cfm?PageID=677
Denver, CO (Bottom photo)
http://www.denverbicycletraining.com/comp_multirider.htm

4 comments:

ej said...

Thanks Kevin! I think that your Spin University (and I imagine I am speaking for the whole pack)is the greatest and you seem to be refining your teaching methods every year for the better. Where can you get great exercise; inspirational philosophical musings; rock n roll favorites; the latest information on health, diet, exercise and sports technology; constant motivational and often loud encouragement; intriguing social criticism and MAX all in the same place?! You are worth your weight in gold Professor. Are you sure Ted is paying you enough?

KML5 said...

Ted is paying minimum wage. The bonus, benefit and perks all come from Max. Thanks for your comments and congratulations on that new diploma on the wall behind your desk!!!!!

Oscarjet said...

Hello, i write you up from Spain, Could i distribuite it in Spain.I could be your agent here...i think is a good product and innovate.

Think about that..friend.
:)

oscarjet@yahoo.com

KML5 said...

Hi Oscar,

I LOVE your blog site!!! Nice work. And congratulations on all of your athletic victories. I have interviewed CompuTrainer user Eneko Llanos twice, once in Lanzarote and last year in Kona, a great guy and superb athlete. We have a rep in Madrid but he doesn't move a lot of product for the simple fact (we think) that the weather is mostly always nice and folks can ride outside, unlike, say, Montreal, London or Alaska. If you think you could put a few CompuTrainers in the homes of Spanish cyclists, I am willing listen to your plan. Give me something juicy to take to the boss and make the sale. In the meantime, keep up the good work, and best of luck. Salud.