Wednesday, April 15, 2009

SLOW



On warm spring nights, I take post-supper cruises in the park on my fixie to practice track stands and various other handling skills. Sometimes I do the pond circuit as slow as I can. All this for a change of pace. The opposite side of the spectrum, so to speak. Met some nice folks tonight who were out walking their beautiful German Shorthairs. We sat on the park benches facing the late afternoon setting sun and talked about "the local old-timers'. It was nice. I felt warm, happy and completely at home. Welcome to spring.

6 comments:

ej said...

you were likely experiencing a flashback to when you lived in CA.

KML5 said...

Could very well be....maybe that's why I liked the 60's so much!!!

ej said...

That photo of the bike shadow is a contest winner though.

KML5 said...

Because I am but a shadow of my former cycling self (and this visual irony coupled with the SLOW theme begs analysis and introspection?)

or something else altogether?

For whatever reason I accept. Thank you.

ej said...

No introspection in this competitive sports world. DODGEBALL FOREVER !

KML5 said...

Buddha smiles as he steps to the podium....