Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day forty-two, proudly


Mom gave it to me and I think I know why.

That scar under your eye?

Ha, yeah, well, that too, but I was more in reference to that little paperweight she gave me for my desk after my sophomore year.

It had special significance?

It always got me to thinking, and even though I had a phenomenal season, which pleased her immensely, I was struggling with the humility aspect, because I knew I could be, should be, better.

OK, what did it say, take two and hit to right?

It said, "It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am."

She was very proud of you.

Yeah. But I let her down so many times. Makes me sad.

Maybe she would be most proud if you payed it forward and helped out her son and his son.

Be like winnin' the Super Bowl.

Better.

Do something now that will make the person you’ll be tomorrow proud.

No comments: