Monday, February 24, 2014

Day fifty-five

This one kinda jumped up and stared me in the eye. Unblinking and deadly serious. Along with rapping index-finger jabs to my chest, each of which seemed to unleash 200 volts of challenge, truth and opportunity.

Amperage in the nano-second. The meter way right. Red zone with nowhere to hide. Hear this:

"It's the form praying takes in me."

I have borrowed this powerful one-liner from Pat Conroy, he of Beach Music, Lords of Discipline, Prince of Tides and the Great Santini fame. I love his style. As my old friend, author and entrepreneur Snorkel Bob used to say, 'He can really twist-up a sentence."

Mr. Conroy was using the metaphor of basketball with this twist up. But by the time the full impact of his meaning met me at eye level, I was heart and soul

What form does MY praying  take?

I think you might know.

When I turn the pedals in perfect harmony of mind, body and spirit, breathing into the groove zone, that is pretty close for me. Running sometimes, swimming hardly ever.

I think we should be working towards bringing this concept into everything we do. Practicing full awareness and flow. Be that cruising down the highway with the top down on a summer evening, or practicing our craft, hobby or passion. There is no doubt that I could use some more didgeridoo practice.

And I could work on my power game. And ability to self heal. And patience, and….
into my own version.

Purchase at K-Yard

No comments: