Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day fifty-eight


What shall I write about today? Out of the ten thousand possibilities I must choose one. I can narrow it down, categorically, to the things I most enjoy;

Fitness exercise in triathlon training.
Music, literature, film, art.
Witnessing this incredibly challenging phase of my life.

There should be a story of some kind there, one would think. 

I remember reading once about a Zen master that was so skilled at staying present, that even on his death bed he was instructing his gathered and grieving students on the power of awareness. He then made the transition with dignity and grace, totally in the moment.

This story provides mountains of inspiration for me as I practice its lesson with symptoms that feel increasingly similar.

End of story.

Start of practice.

No comments: