Monday, February 17, 2014

Day forty-eight, I call that a bargain


Who doesn't love a good yard sale?

The one where everything seems to be staged with your interests in mind. There is THAT book, the boxed set of CD's, the print that will work perfect to cover that feng-shui free zone on your den wall. The one where you finally find that diamond in the rough.

Call it what you will, garage sale, moving sale, estate sale, patio sale, it means the same to buyer and seller. My thirty years of accumulated stuff for a little of your disposable cabbage. Call it urban composting.

Today I am officially in barter mode. EVERYTHING GOES. At the end of this sale, I want (need) to be left squatting above nothing but an acre of dirt. With one shirt, one pair of Levis and a pair of boots.

You all get a head start. I am gong to list something here every day until the liquidation is complete. From here the "Special of the Day" moves to Craig's List. What doesn't move by June 1, will end up at Goodwill, Children's Hospital or St. Vinny's.

There will be bulldozers and demolitions, trips for recycling and refuse, a whirlwind of gale force cathartic transformation. And you can play a part.

A lot (and I mean a LOT) of this stuff, carries deep emotional attachment. It will be a good practice for me to deal with letting it all go. I would rather have someone I know, love and respect (all three?) assume stewardship. If they bring you the same joy they have provided me, I will scamper happily along.

So here we go.

TODAY'S SPECIAL; Acoustic Monday.

All my strings and a banged up trumpet. Not shown is a 1959 Fender lap-steel guitar, which will probably end up with its own page, somewhere down the line.

Items:
Banjo: $50
Mando: $50
Uke: $60
Epiphone guitar: $95
Electric GTX (and practice amp): $80
Banged up trumpet: $35
Jerry in cedar relief: $50
I Get Around Gold 45: $45 (natch)
Japanese print: $65

All of the above: $495.99

And yes, we do Pay Pal and deliver on Island.

The cedar is going too, from Cosmopolis, locally grown. Make offer.

Let's get this party started.

No comments: