Friday, July 20, 2012

Into the Light



  • Number of incarcerated people per capita
  • People who believe in Angels
  • Defense Spending


Out of the darkness and into the light. We are off for another adventurous racing weekend. It is raining hard here today. I thought it rained hard one week ago atop Hurricane Ridge, but this even has THAT topped. I am jonesing for Vitamin D. I pack no sunscreen. Give me rays.

Putting the finishing touches on my (patent pending) non-taper, we raced the Men's Oly TT 44K course last night. It was work. I considered the output and the effect on tomorrow's 70.3 frequently over the course of the 1:21 of high intensity. I considered it again this morning during our series of four minute climbs with a one minute break at 120 RPM. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night as right hamstring, calf and instep played "Cramp first" until 0400. We shall see. I have 20 hours to recover.

Leaving you with two links today, and as I am toting only cell, there most likely will not be another post until Sunday night, when the damage, or the results of prior damage, has been done. 

Matt Frasier on how much protein an athlete really needs and the incredible embedded video above. The three line items at the head are the three events where the USofA takes gold. It is a very powerful piece.

Have a great weekend, regardless of the weather and please keep on the road into the light. 

No comments: