Thursday, September 8, 2011

Andiamo

Outta here!


I was heading home from an overseas assignment several years ago tracking all the modes of transportation used in the process. It got to be a ritual. Here is today's:


Start on Bainbridge Island, WA (0719)

Walk

Shuttle Bus

Ferry

Light Speed Rail

737 Jumbo Jet

Rental Car

Finish on Cathedral Heights, Washington DC (2020)


That will pretty much take the day. I really wish there was a bike ride in there somewhere (over Kansas maybe?) but I will stretch as much as coach class and flight attendants will allow.


The assignment is to shoot a DC Urban Time Trial on Saturday and then the Nations Triathlon on Sunday for a CompuTrainer Real Course Video. Yesterday a 50 ton crane blew over in severe wind gusts. The forecast calls for pain, er, rain. This is take two as we were washed out last year.


Over the five year span of this project I have narrowed by baggage and gear to two bags. One will get checked with "A" camera and laptop with me at all times. I travel light despite the fact that this trip will test the mount capabilities of my gear, shooting from a motorcycle, handlebars of a Cervelo and from a car. I am ready. Let's get it done.


Andiamo.


Pic is some of the camera gear in my backpack for this assignment. Focus.

No comments: