Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Door




A few updates on this stunningly crispy blue first of Feb.

NBF: No Beer February. Day one. Gene Wilder said it best here as Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Let me out. Let me out of here. Get me the hell out of here. What's the matter with you people? I was joking! Don't you know a joke when you hear one? HA-HA-HA-HA. Jesus Christ, get me out of here! Open this goddamn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! Mommy!

BAC15 TT: I am giving it another go this afternoon, with hopefully enough time to then recover for our 7x400 hill repeats at 1600. I will best my current PR of 42:39, only question is by how much?

NEW SITE: Frustrating morning dealing with customer service reps trying to get the bandwidth, capacity limits and shopping cart features set up. Big bonus points and favors to be named later for any web site IT folks out there looking to barter for some tech help.

LA: Heading down tomorrow afternoon to visit with Scott at the new (deep breath) K-Swiss-Cannondale-CompuTrainer Multi-Rider Optimum Performance Center in Westlake Village. It is mostly a recon trip but I plan on documenting the visit so who knows what media output will follow. You know where to find that info (as the news breaks).

B&G Spins: Sunday we start the BAC-Boys & Girls Club Chilly Hilly spins. Each of the next three Sundays, from 0730-0830 we'll get the kids and their families, staff members and the volunteering mentor-sponsor-guides from our HoM gang a little more fit for the big event on Feb. 28. It will be interesting to watch this unfold, as kids and indoor cycling is a tough mix. Worse, I have NO IDEA of an appropriate set list. This will be a challenge.

But, no matter how I scream, no matter how loud I beg you, do not……….open……this…..door.

9 comments:

Stephanie Rohl said...

Haha! That is one of my favorite movies. SO many laughs...classic!
Just use the playlist from Monday!Thanks for the 7x400

ej said...

what is it that you do do?

KML5 said...

PUT THE CANDLE BACK.

yes Doktor.

ej, don't be going all Blazing Saddles on me here.

I miss Gene Wilder (and Mel Brooks)

ej said...

that line is from young franken - stine. his wife is asking his 'assistant'.

KML5 said...

It sounded suspiciously like Hedley Lamar asking for the "voodoo that you do". I stand corrected. Both classics.

ej said...

my grandfather used to say "I stand corrected". He also liked to say "look, thousands of people watching a football game; they can't all be wrong or stupid."

KML5 said...

They make me get on a plane tonight with the Oregon DUCKS logo on the tail. About the worst thing you can do to a Husky. I thought THAT was wrong and stupid. A least we made it in one piece.

FW said...

Nicole Brodeur wrote about her dry month experience here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nicolebrodeur/2014093956_nicole01m.html

KML5 said...

For the sake of total transparency, the test is beer only, not alcohol altogether. I had some nice, dry Sicilian red last night with my tofu scramble.