Friday, February 18, 2011

Show Me


In between video downloading and renders, prep for tomorrow's Bikesale.com team shoot up in Sequim and the continuing infrastructure build challenge of the new iPhone/iPad app, I have little time to get today's post in. I am so very glad that last night was an "early out" and I was able to get in an pre-dawn spin with Tony this morning. It is ALWAYS good to mix it up, change the routine and wear the other Italian racing shoe.

It was a good workout (I always enjoy sprinting), proving, hopefully, that I (and we) are over the little hiccup that a scratchy throat and a runny nose offered as warning. I will try an easy 5K in the park tonight to ensure recovery and renew (with vigor) the serious work again on Sunday. Tomorrow, as mentioned, we are filming some pace-line work up in Sequim. Looks like the weather will cooperate. Stills and maybe some video on Monday.

The media captured yesterday looks very good, so now all I have to do is create a script, add some (serious) pizzaz and Kung-Fu it together. In some circles this is known as Walking the Cake. Not here.

I got in some research reading yesterday to and from town, and came away with a couple of highlighted items to transfer to the hard drive. In no particular order, they are:

"The simplest and most well known tool to building mental toughness is killer training sessions. Most of the legendary coaches and athletes in triathlon are famed for favoring tortuous workouts." Torbjorn Sinballe writing in Inside Triathlon. (March issue not yet on-sale).

"The old man looked mildly outraged and fell into high-gear Greek with his son. The son was apologetic. 'Pardon me, but my father says that it is a lie that Americans have everything. You have no sheep, no goats, no trees, no olive oil, no vines, no wine, not even chickens. He asks, What kind of life is that? He says, no wonder you don't sing or dance or recite poetry very often." Robert Fulghum, from What on Earth Have I Done?

"Video is the killer app. Don't write me. Tell me. Show me." Wired magazine Jan. 2011, Film School.

"..and in them I became aware that the invincible power that has moved the world is unrequited, not happy, love." Gabriel Garcia Marquez, from Memories of My Melancholy Whores. (Banned in Iran)

"Think Outside the Bike" RCVman scribbling possible themes for the RM1 commercial spot, now well under way, in full production mode. (cake walking)

Shall we try to mash all this up?

Be tough. Go hard.
Sing, dance, inspire.
Show me the way
to the power of Love
but tune the motor first.

I'm glad it's Friday.

Pix: Part of the Discovery trail from Sequim to Port Angeles. You can walk your bike up if you want to. Screen shot of the new iPhone app. The Queen K at her finest. No walking, cake or otherwise.

No comments: