Sunday, February 20, 2011

Diet Soda, Beer update


Or you could drink diet soda. 61% more instances of vascular events when people drank one diet soda per day than those who drank, what? ANYTHING ELSE? Beer maybe? So it seems. Read entire article here. I think I have had, at most, two of these evil beverages over the last forty years, so I am out of these woods.

But back to beer. As the above photo attests, I was in the beer aisle this morning after class. Just checking it out to make sure it was still there and Safeway management hadn't done a re-set to expensive smart water drinks or something in my absence. They must be taking a beating on gross profits here at abstinence day 21.

Yesterday's weigh-in showed that a simple beer to wine swap out will not yield earth-shattering weight loss results, as I was up two from the start of the test. (Editors note: This of you who know me will appreciate this as good news). The cut back from running for four days due to the throat soreness didn't help either. So far it is a wash and I cant wait to hoist another Guinness on March 6. You are invited, stay tuned for time and place.

The fallout from yesterday is complete. An hour in the sauna, crackling fire, some of my hearty four bean goulash and a glass of Malbec, followed by ten hours in the rack, was enough to power us through an hour session with the Boys & Girls Club. With a 5K in the park scheduled before pizza at five.

So we're back at it, none the worse for wear and outfitted with more amazing tales to tell.

Over a dark frosty one in two weeks. And please rest assured there will be no diet soda meanwhile. Cheers.

No comments: