Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Derby gets the Brass Ring




The latest addition to the CompuTrainer Multi-Rider family is the Derby Bicycle Center in Thornton, Colorado. Not only do they have a spectacular selection of "all things bike" but they have now added the fitness, training and group racing component as well. Upstairs, the converted gas station (they get an RCVman award for that also) now houses an eight person MR set up. Owner Bill Riley and fitter/team liaison Tom Buckner have orchestrated a superb facility to gear, fit, support, promote and now train cyclists of all levels. Voted the Number One bike shop in Denver by a vote of mile-high cyclists, the Derby Bicycle Center is now scheduling indoor group rides to allow local athletes an opportunity to test, train, prepare, race and ready themselves for the upcoming outdoor season. If you have never sat in on a Multi-Rider group event, you need to call Bill or Tom at 303.288.4100 and book some saddle time today.

Here are a few testimonials from their current CompuTrainer users:

The CompuTrainer Program is more realistic than I expected. I have only been riding since July 07 and was doing an average of 12 mph at of 07 season. I rode the CompuTrainer for 2 months 2 to 3 days a week and my out door average is up to 14 mph. I love it! Tina E.

The CompuTrainer inspires me to ride indoors. I am steadily improving and looking forward to the outdoor season. Denis D.

I am a master rider (65 to 69 age group) and during winter I ride the CompuTrainer 4 times a week focusing mainly on the Aerobic to Lactate Zone. By the beginning of the race season I cover about 800 miles and have developed a solid base. Tom B.

Lastly, if you find yourself stranded in Denver this winter due to weather conditions, simply take I-25 just North of downtown and get in a MR session while they de-ice your place. Happy training and good luck to the folks in Thornton. Reach for the brass ring folks!

No comments: