Thursday, October 1, 2009

RCVman picks the Kona Winners





Two OUTSTANDING CompuTrainer opportunities. If you live in the greater Toronto area, by all means check out WattsUp Cycling. They have 28 CTs set up and ready for your commitment. Don't know any other way you could get as close to riding in a peloton than this (although I have some ideas). Pretty cool intro video on their home page as well.

If you aren't lucky enough to live near Toronto, there are three days left to get in an indoor 10K TT and join the CompuTrainer Indoor Race League. This looks like serious fun and if I wasn't putting the frantic final touches on the Kona promos, I would be warming up for my heat.

Ace veteran photog Timothy Carlson has posted his Kona odds on Slowtwich.com. I have to agree with TC for the top Mens & Womens spots (Baring injury, nobody is going to touch Crowie & Chrissy), but after that I have some thoughts of my own. I suppose that is why I do this every day. Here then are my top ten M&F for the 31st running of the Granddaddy of them all.

MEN// WOMEN:
1) Crowie // Chrissie
2) Macca // Belinda Granger
3) Eneko Llanos // Linsey Corbin
4) Andy Potts*// Kate Major
5) Cam Brown // Rebekah Keat
6) Faris Al-Sultan // Bella Bayliss
7) Tom Evans // Cait Snow
8) LVL // Miranda Carfrae
9) Phillip Graves (!) // Michellie Jones
10) Matt Lieto // Sam McGlone


*if healthy

Former Champs Luc van Leirde and Thomas Hellriegel after the Pro meeting in Kona last year. Smarter, Stronger, Faster!

No comments: