Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Go




Attitude. You had better have one. And a damn good one.

It is imperative that you see things in proper perspective. And here is that POV:

IT IS UP TO YOU.

Nobody else. Not your Mom, or your employer and not your coach. It is not the responsibility of your soul mate to guide you through the tough times. It is not up to your shrink, your financial consultant or your favorite bartender.

IT IS UP TO YOU.

How you look at the challenge. Personal responsibility. You can be the victim of the victor. As in: It's too hard. The road is too long. It's too hot. I am almost 40 years old for heaven's sake! Mercy! Cut me some slack. Lighten up. Back off. Take it easy. Chill out.

Right.

IT'S UP TO YOU.

Go ahead and take the easy way out and retire on easy street. Light the tithing candle to the god of money. Indulge. Waste. Get liposuction and start over. Build walls to keep the riffraff out. Judge.

IT'S UP TO YOU.

An attitude of respect for the process says: I am here. I have put forth effort of noteworthy sincerity. I have worked towards improvement on many levels. I have tested my resolve. I have gone to see Max and I have found both value and reward. I has been fun, I have facilitated my evolution. I have faced my fears and looked deep into the eyes of my demons. I saw them to be frauds. I am now, today, here, ready.

I KNOW THAT IT IS UP TO ME.

To go. Or not to go.

Go.

Photo is from the Fordham campus in NYC . From the moment I saw it until now, it says to me: Go, and go with attitude, young man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'I have faced my fears. . . I saw them to be frauds.' I really like that. Triathlon has done more to kill fear in my life than anything ever could.

KML5 said...

BIG TIME GO.

(And that could be the name of my next band)

ej said...

In my case, I cannot come to early morning spin class when my dear wife is out of town (repeatedly over the next 10 days). bummer.

ej said...

I meant "go". I guess I have to create my own spin class on these occasions since its up to me. I get that.

KML5 said...

More than one way to spin a cat.

Just keep the mojo heading in the right direction. Use the days at home to deep stretch and do weighted step lunges. Work the core. Jump rope. Do 250 push ups. Put the Pop Tarts away. Run at noon in the rain.

Then GO when you can.