Monday, October 26, 2009

Later





There is another component to the patience theory we discussed yesterday. That of time. Patience is fine if your twenty, you say, but what about those of us who were around to remember JFK (in office), were at Woodstock, or saw Willie Mays hit against Sandy Koufax? Maybe even when John Howard won Kona. Wasn't that long ago. ('61, '69, '63 and '83 to be exact), but it could be, and I love this one,

LATER THAN YOU THINK.

So please, my dear friends, while we keep an eye constantly focused on the here and now, the task at hand, the quality of our efforts and the saintly patience to see the road as the goal, let's keep the other eye seeing the past and its myriad lessons and the future and its hope and promise. It's kinda myopia and 20/20 hindsight through rose colored binoculars. But a whole lot better than cheap sunglasses.

I want you, as I want me, to use what we have while we have it. If there was a race somewhere today that I could just show up, get body marked and hit the water, I would be there faster than you could yell, "transition closes in five minutes". I love racing. It's a test. I love training, it's a test too. The better and smarter your training the better your potential to race well. Cause is training and effect is going faster than 'ya gone before. So make your causes count!

Let's train well. Let's train hard and often. Let's eat good then rest and recover. Let's manage our stress. I don't want to wait until I age up into another category (OMG there will be guys of retirement age there), I want the joy of competition NOW. I say joy because it is a joyful experience to use the fitness and acumen created from successful training on race day. My eyes have seen the glory.

So we will do it all again tomorrow. Another perfect opportunity to do something good for ourselves, and to expand our circles of influence outward where they might fall on someone else's cluttered desk. Oh, but they have deadlines. So do we.

AND IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK.

Pix: Top, Clock in Prague. Bot, RCV (Canada) CT user in Manchester, UK. Use your time wisely, wherever you are.

4 comments:

ej said...

I have a vague recollection of JFK and MLK mostly around the time they were shot, but thats it. Maybe I have a few more years to just kick back?

KML5 said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

I love this. Let's rock the moment, shall we?

KML5 said...

We shall, queue the bagpipes!