Thursday, October 22, 2009

Frankie Valli

Workin' my way...



With a burning love inside.

I keep working my way back to you. Has it already been a week since Kona? Goodness. To play the 'busy' card again, this always happens. It is the allure of the Islands, the majesty of the Ironman, the volume of media captured and the new business resulting from all of the above.

Year after year, and this was my tenth visit, I am turbocharged with renewed vigor and enthusiasm after spending time with the best triathletes in the world. I see them swim. I watch them bike. I listen to their comments on training, nutrition, focus. I follow their gait as they effortlessly move along Alii Drive from sunrise to sunset. I tally who is smiling and who seems distracted. I stick my camera in the noses of those who first provide consent. (And use the digital zoom for those that don't). I marvel at their collective state of fitness and need no comparison with the tourists toting bags of local crafts back to the cruise ship. I love the sun, the smells, the hiss of the crashing surf and the event energy that we all help create. Race day is as special as they get. As I have mentioned several times prior, the awards banquet is a special celebration, one of joy, conquest, respect, relief, and satisfaction. Over. Done. Lessons learned. Evolution facilitated.

I am still in the glow. I am glad that again I had the opportunity to represent a company that I deeply care for. Whose products help many athletes attain their goals, and thousands of non-athletes lead healthier and more productive lives. We met with the WTC brass and I am just now rendering the video accompaniment for a proposal that could blow the socks off what we have been doing to date. Obviously if what we have been doing hadn't had been so warmly received by the triathlon community, I wouldn't be saying this, so it is a double happy. One down and one to do. Another first and ten. Success breeds success.

So my time has been spent metaphorically training. Preparing for the next event. Making sure that the things that I can control, I do effectively. Adding what needs to be added and losing what needs to be tossed. Learning from the Pros. Workin' my way.

With a burning love inside.

http://www.frankievallifourseasons.com/

No comments: