Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dr. Anderson STAT


Couple of cool bios on featured athletes in the CompuTrainer Kona 2009 Video:

IM in Kona

Mitch Anderson

Bella Bayliss' Blog

Article on Karen Smyers

Paul Huddle

Article by Louis Alvarez

And a two end-of-the-season (over my cold corpse) rides, one of which I NEED to do.

Methow Bike Festival

Cascade Color Classic

I am wrapping the CompuTrainer Kona 2009 video. My eyes are blurry, ears ringing and I am pretty sure this one induced a low grade case of carpel tunnel syndrome. But we even managed to finish a few days ahead of schedule. I like it a lot and am ready for the wrap party. The DVD will debut, as is custom, in Kona on Wednesday where it will play ad naseam until Friday afternoon at the conclusion of the expo. Saturday is the big event, IM 31, and Sunday night is my fave, the awards banquet. Watching the video from the previous day as cut by the NBC team overnight (and right up to show time) is spine tingling drama. I have a great appreciation for what these guys do. I just did it and it took me SEVEN DAYS! We then fly out Monday.

Upon return the plan is to break up the DVD into five pieces for Utoob, starting Tuesday night, Oct. 13, and running all week, one episode per night. Won't that be fun? I'll be doing a daily blog posting from Kona all race week, but no video this year as I have been enlisted to work the booth, so shoot and edit time will be greatly reduced from years past. Speaking of which, this is the 10th year of my pilgrimages to the Big Island for this spectacle, so maybe Chuck, Simon and I will celebrate in some appropriately grand fashion. I might even have some wahoo.

The photo (sic) is from Dr. Mitch Anderson's web site. He is also one fast triathlete.

No comments: