Friday, August 29, 2008

Here we go


It's a seasonal thing. The day before the opening kickoff of the college football season. College Football is my last remaining team sport vice. I no longer read box scores or follow baseball. I detest the NBA. And the Superbowl and all the weeks leading up to it bore me to tears. It's all business and showbiz (meaning money). But I can't seem to shake the College game. And especially those Montlake Mutts at the UW. That's University of Washington for those of you who might be lurking in Exeter, Schwabach or Perth. You can debate the pros and cons of this all you want, but I am a loyal follower of this program, and have been for 30 years. I will not even try to shake it no matter how bad we have been since the last big hurrah (see ticket from the 2001 Rose Bowl).

So there is my prediction for tomorrow nights contest down in Eugene.

WOOF

No comments: